[DML] Re: steering wheel shakes when braking

[DML] Re: steering wheel shakes when braking

If it wasn't doing it before it was stored (a long time?), you
probably have some brake pad stuck to the rotor. There is much
research out there that will tell you rotors rarely warp. Developing
run-out or thick and thin issues and contamination from the brake
pads is the most common. That's why turning them seems to help. You
can take off the rotors and clean them with a rotor dress-up brush
or have the machine shop do a dress up run on the rotors.

The cause can be from a caliper not working properly. A piston
sticking or stuck and not releasing the pad the slight amount needed
from the rotor can cause the problem by forcing the pad to stay in
firm contact with the rotor - air in the caliper can cause that too.
Sometimes stopping (not moving at all) immediately after the rotors
have gotten very hot (like smelling them) may cause a pad to
transfer some compound to the rotor.

In any event, you will need to remove the rotors to clean them ?
that will be a good time to check everything for proper function and
be sure the fluid is fresh, etc.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> Not sure where to start with this one.  After storage this winter,
I  have