[DML] Re: Strange Clutch Problem (Perhaps Involving Adjustable Linkage)

[DML] Re: Strange Clutch Problem (Perhaps Involving Adjustable Linkage)

This is one of those older issues that probably needs repeating
again. Initially the factory (and some aftermarket providers?) tried
to remedy the plastic clutch line expansion issues by providing the
adjustable link to allow a bit more travel at the pedal. Problem was,
a bunch of the adjustable links got out and installed that were not
heat treated, so they end up wearing out and looking like yours.

If you your clutch line has been replaced with a braided stainless
one, you can probably re-install the original non-adjustable OEM
link. these should not be hard to come by, I may have one or two
around here too. I'm sure Josh has a bunch of them.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Patrick Conlon <PRC1216@...> wrote:

> > This did not seem to go through to the DML the first time, let
me
> > try again:
>
> > I've noticed for a while that I have a lot of play in the clutch
> > pedal, play that exists before the rod for the master cylinder
is
---
driving for the past 25 years.  I posted pictures in