[DML] Windshield Replacement Experience

Well all, let me start off by saying that there is one less DeLorean
in the world with a windshield antenna.  In the middle of having a
large rock chip repaired by a professional, the windshield cracked.
While it was a shame losing a rare piece of glass like that, I must
say that I am enjoying the amazing reception I get with my new power
antenna in the back!  Now I know what I've been missing...

I'd just like to say how impressed I am with DMCH and their customer
service.  I explained to DMCH that a local autoglass store in
Cincinnati would be giving them a call to order the windshield, and
sure enough DMCH worked with the glass company to get a windshield
sent out and delivered 2 days later.  They also included the 'sticky
pad' for the mirror.  DMCH kept me informed of the situation the
whole time, sent me tracking numbers for when it would arrive, and
even wanted me to check in with them to make sure the windshield made
it to Ohio in one piece.  Now that's a company that really cares
about satisfying their customers.

As for the quality of the glass, the glass place that did the
installation didn't see anything wrong with the replacement
windshield (as another individual on the DML had complained about).
I really think that people are over-reacting about the delamination.
Look on the DMChelp.com forums and see for yourself what an average
NOS windshield looks like.  Like me, I have a hunch you would rather
live with that instead of a crack down the middle of the whole
windshield.

As I was driving 1880 home today from the glass shop, I realized just
how lucky we are that DMCH bought all of the remaining parts from
KAPAC.  What if another vendor had bought them, someone who refused
to sell to anyone who posts on the DML?  Or someone without the
financing to reproduce the parts that are starting to become scarce?
I would have been SOL on getting a replacement windshield.  Unlike
most other collector cars, we are incredibly lucky to have such easy
access to so many NOS parts.  So Steve, James, Warren and everyone
else at DMCH, thanks for everything!

I'll see you DML readers in June!  If you haven't registered for the
DCS, do so today!  www.deloreancarshow.com
-Patrick C.
1880 (No longer hiding in the garage with a cracked windshield)