[DML] DCS2006 Driving Tour Update

As Ken has mentioned, we've been organizing the driving tour at DeLorean Car Show 2006. One part of this will take a bit of advance planning on your part. One of the major stops on the tour is the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory just south of Pheasant Run (www.fnal.gov) ( http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/map/site.html) This is a US government facility that hosts scientist from around the world studying particle physics. The driving tour will take you on to the lab property, to a couple of points of interest within the area, and then you will continue on the tour. There is a very limited opportunity for a group of people to take a more personally guided tour of an hour or more. This should be very interesting to people interested in science and engineering, but there is a broad spectrum of topics that they cover as much of the Fermi site is a nature preserve as well. We'll only be able to accomdate up to about 35 people on this tour.

So - I need two things. First - I'd like to gauge the interest in this part of the event. Please contact me at swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx if you would like to go on the tour. As noted this will add over an hour to the tour and may mean that you cut short visits at the other locations, which are equally interesting to see. (See the site at www.deloreancarshow.com for more info). I will only use this initial contact to determine the level of interest.

Second - I will be taking formal sign-ups for tours during registration and around dinner time on Thursday night of the event. NOT in advance. Look for Dave or Julee Swingle during registration to get on the list and get instructions on where to be at what time.

-----Dave and Julee Swingle - Driving Tour Hosts DCS2006