[DML] Re: Dash Light Rheostat

Thanks, I'll look!  No parts appear broken... the plastic piece just
pulled out when I tugged on the wires to disconnect them.

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Shipping Department" <shipping@...>
wrote:

> Take a look at delorean.com in the tech notes. There is a section
about repairing your rheostat.
> It should explain how to put it back together properly. However if
you've broken the black plastic
> that holds the "little copper fingers" you'll probably still have
improper operation. If you still need assistance feel free to contact
me directly.

> Benjamin Shrum
> DeLorean Motor Company
> (281)441-2537 ext 104

it "right,"
> if not for me, then for some potential future owner.  For me, this
> location does look prime for mounting some other, to-be-defined,
> more useful control in place of the dimmer!
>
> Since you've actually managed to get some of these working, I'd
like
> more info from you on the earlier questions in my original post if
> you wouldn't mind emailing me off-list.  Specifically, I would like
> elaboration on your phrase "glue the broken shaft parts."  My guess
> is, if the little disc is in the proper spot and not flopping
> around, the little copper wipers will work properly again.
>
> Marv
> #10820
> AZ-D

> Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time
your team wins! Free limited-time trial at
http://www.AllSportsMarket.com?affiliate=1860