[DML] Re: Planning to replace axle boots yourself? Please read for safet

[DML] Re: Planning to replace axle boots yourself? Please read for safety.

Just another reason why I don't like ramps. They can be unsteady and
the ramp can also fall over sideways, the cheap ones can bend and
collapse, it is not easy to get centered and you can potentially drive
right over the front. They must be used only on a hard, flat surface
like a concrete garage floor because they can sink into an ashphalt
driveway. You can't do any suspension work or take the tires off. On a
Delorean clearance is a problem just geting up on them especially if
the car is lowered. I don't know of ANY mechanics that would recomend
using them. If you don't have access to a lift then get a good floor
jack and 4 jackstands. It won't cost much more than the ramps and it
is a WHOLE lot safer. This is a hobby to most of us, not something we
would want to risk getting hurt over!
 As for the pins that hold the brake resovoir on, the bolt and nut is
fine or you can make a pin. It is just like a nail with a hole in it
for the cotter pin. If the shop took it's time they probably could
have worked the old pin out and saved it. The brake fluid is supposed
to be changed every 2 years. Expect the 4 calipers to start leaking
soon. Check the clutch cylinders. If the fluid is dark change it also.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757