[DML] Re: Antique plates in Virginia

In New Jersey a car has to be 25 years old to qualify for Historic
Plates. My 81 now has them. In NJ once you get historic plates it does
not have to be inspected (they only check insurance and mileage) and
it does not cost anything to renew. Only the initial registration fee.
You really have to check the rules in the State you live in. Every
State has it's own rules about this. In some States they allow the use
of an old plate. In some you can request a particular plate. Some
States have severe rules on when you can operate the car, hours,
mileage, etc. Most States now have websites where you can get a lot of
this type of information. You can always try calling (Ha Ha) and get
it too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "corey ooms" <coreysmoo@...> wrote:

> I ordered antique Illinois plates now that my '81 is 25 years old.

I just