AW: [DML] Door latch replacement/upgrade

AW: [DML] Door latch replacement/upgrade

Wayne,
if you had read the DML regularly you would know that I started
that discussion about one year ago but people weren't interested.

There are Deloreans out there that can be locked while the doors are open.
I never found out when the lachtes were replaced, but there are original
latches that work like you want them to work.

Another way is to install a diode and a resistor on the correct place
in the door lock module and the power locks won't work as long
as a door os open.

Elvis 6 6548

The fact that hitting the lock/unlock switch with doors open can cause
misalignment and malfunction is a collossal pain in the butt. Since our cars
are
the only ones that I've seen that work that way, I can't help but wonder,
"WHY?"  And isn't there a car out there with door latches that would be more
user
friendly, if adapted to fit? I've been on the DML for maybe 6 or 7 years and
 don't recall anyone ever discussing this. Hasn't anyone ever tried it? Of
course  I realize that we use 2 latches instead of one, but that's an inside
the
door  issue, not a latch issue per se. Don't other cars use link rods too,
in
some  fashion?

Wayne A.  Ernst
vin 11174