Re: [DML] Wings Aloft?

I can also attest to the dedication to this list that Toby
and Misty have... it is top notch A+!

I had bought the door lock actuator kit from DPNW at
DCS2004 and have just now gotten around to getting it to
work right... I have to say I now loathe the door
lock/latch setting proceedure - it's a love hate
relationship. I hate it after doing the setting proceedure
so often but love it for it's enginerring beauty.

ok, back to the kit...

I can't stress enough that your doors MUST work 100%
correctly before you try to fit one of his kits or you are
looking for shadows of reflections of complex problems...

I'll explain, I did the door lock/latch setting proceedure
so many times now I can do it NO problem...  the issue I
was having is 2 fold:

1 - I was doing the setting proceedure and it would work
fine with his kit installed but not if all the lock rods
were attached... if I left any 1 of the 3 unconnected it
worked... with all 3 it seemed the actuator was too weak.

2 - I assumed my door strike pins were in the right
location...

I finally got everything working right by doing the
following...

I performed the setting proceedure as outlined in the
service manual - not the workshop manual. I latched both
doors while they were open and tested that way. I left
both doors unassembled until I was sure doors worked both
open and closed... I removed the door strike pins and
repositioned them 1 at a time per door... even with
everything set right, if you have a door strike pin in the
wrong spot by just a little bit it can keep the door from
unlocking right.

All this to say, Toby was willing to send me stronger
actuators to help me with what seemed like a weakness.
They stand by their products and are all too willing to
help out when they can... Please remember when dealing
with vendors to make a note of the time change...

regards,

michael paine
vin 6067