[DML] Pheasant Run ...Test Run...

Pheasant Run Resort

I spent this past weekend at the Pheasant Run resort to get a feel
for the drive from Michigan and the resort itself.
I must say, the stay was very comfortable, very nice and
accommodating staff, clean rooms, I stayed in the Tower section
which was very nice. The Golf wing rooms are ground level and offer
easy access to parking, pool or golf. The golf course appears to be
in great shape.
I left on Saturday with my wife and two daughters. Using Map Quest
from Michigan, I took 94 W all the way until I got on 294. The drive
was no problem up to that point. Unfortunately there is road
construction and several tolls at this point. There were many dirt
showers from tractor trailers and other vehicles which made me
decide to tow rather than drive. Look for back roads rather than
highway if you are concerned about airborne highway debris like I
am. I missed an exit called I88 [East West Toll way] I was supposed
to take a right on this; but the sign after the toll only said West,
so I kept going. Well 8.5 miles later was the next opportunity to
turn around at O'Hare! When you see 88, take it(Back to the future
fans will have no problem remember 88)! Do yourself a favor, if this
should happen, have the directions from the Pheasant Run web-site,
they give beautiful directions from major reference points including
O'Hare.
Next was I-355 [North-South] o.k. which way? Go North! After that it
was no big deal.
Sorry?. back to the resort.
I posted pictures on the Photo section  of just some of the rooms &
halls that DCS events will be held. Most all of the DeLorean's will
be stationed directly across the street form the resort on the
Dupage Expo Center parking. There will be 5-6 Concourse cars inside
I believe. The resort is awesome, it really is. Don't worry if you
forget paper towels, Armor All, glass cleaner, water, wine, cheese,
crackers or whatever. Every major retailer is a rock throw. You can
walk to the Super Target. Restaurants, malls, variety of stores,
Subway, Starbuck's gas stations, smoke shops whatever are all there.
Don't go crazy packing. Check in, and then go for a quick ride to
pick up stuff for the room. The resort I have an ugly feeling will
be packed. Long lines may develop for the yummy terrace café or
Harvest restaurant within the resort. Inside the resort there are
some great shops. You walk down a brick path with a New Orleans's
setting that is picturesque and fun. Wives & kids will certainly
enjoy the strolls down by the shops as well as the free popcorn.
There is a large theatre that I believed will be reserved for us to
view a DeLorean related Film. I am told DCS has outgrown one of the
convention rooms, so we are moved to the Atrium that has a beautiful
slate floor, pool and waterfall. Two heated indoor pools and 2 out
door pools and a Jacuzzi make for a rewarding swim.  2 Outdoor
Tennis courts and indoor fitness are available to guests.
Parking will definitely be interesting, so be patient arrive early
and drive slowly. Be prepared to walk if you're towing your vehicle
in. I would call the resort and ask them where it would be
appropriate to take up the room you need. Maybe the Super Target
will allow vehicles in Tow at the end of the parking lot. Just plan
for crazy bottlenecking. Everyone will definitely fit; but many will
arrive at the same time all looking confused. I will be there
Thursday to help out with orienting arrivals. Ken, if your reading
this, how will the incoming flow be handled? Should everyone simply
park across the street form the resort at Dupage Expo? What about
the trailered cars? I guess I am not sure what to expect as the
corvette show is sharing the area. Again, I know there is the room,
it's the flow I am concerned about, and that main road out front
seems fairly well traveled.

The road leading down to pheasant run, delivers a feeling of new
development. There is Lamborghini dealer about 4 mile form the
resort, that is a must see for Lambo fans.

Can't wait!
Byron