[DML] Re: Front Ride Height Intentions

You miss the whole concept of safety regulations involving motor
vehicles. Although there are inherent dangers in driving and riding
in motor vehicles there are many things that can be done to reduce
injuries, fatalities, and the chances of even having an accident.
Many of these improvements are useful to all, even careful, safe
drivers. Today it is recognized that things like seat belts, crumple
zones, safety glass, just to name a few, can protect everyone when a
human makes a mistake (which we all do). It is not a matter of "if
you can handle it". Since the automakers were not taking the lead in
introducing safety into cars the government stepped in and mandated
it for everyone's benefit. Many of us are alive now because of these
laws. It has the side benefit of keeping insurance costs down since
the accident rate, fatality rate, and injury rate have been lowered.
Today's cars are made to sacrifice themselves (absorb the energy) so
that the occupants don't have to. The car may get totaled but the
occupants can walk away. A recent accident on the L.I.E in NY
demonstrates how a car can be totaly unrecognizable after an
accident yet the driver survived with minor injuries. A tractor-
trailer went out-of-control and just swept the poor guy in an Audi
into the divider and squished him and a schoolbus against the
divider. It was all caught on video by the school bus camera. The
Audi looked like it went through a shredder!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757