[DML] Re: DCS2006 - Chicago Area Road Construction

[DML] Re: DCS2006 - Chicago Area Road Construction

This is an exellent point.  I was just thinking of this earlier
today.  How do you think the construction on I-94 will effect the
driving tour at DCS'06?  I know the tour will now go down 94, but
the entire city will be quite a traffic nightmare for a while.

Corey
2423

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@...> wrote:

> With 3 months left until DCS 2006 and the DeLorean 25th Anniversary
> events, some people are starting to plan their routes to Chicago.
> Please keep in mind that there is some major road reconstruction
> going on near Chicago that should be avoided, if at all possible.
>
> More details at: http://www.danryanexpressway.com/
>
> Starting April 1st (no fooling), the Dan Ryan expressway (I-94)
will
> be under MAJOR reconstruction for the next two years.  The good
news
> is that this should not impact most direct routes from Indiana,
Ohio
> and all points East, as long as you do not travel directly into the
> downtown area of Chicago from the any point North of I-80.  Most of
> the traffic will take I-294 North to avoid this reconstruction, but
> keep in mind this will have much of the redirected Dan Ryan
traffic,
> so you may want to take another "less traveled" alternate.
>
> If you need a specific re-route recommendation, especially for
those
> of you transporting your DeLoreans in big, enclosed trailers who
much
> rather take less congested routes, even if they are a few miles out
> of the way.  Re-routes further from Chicago will have less traffic.
>
> NOTE: New speed enforcement photo vans are placed throughout some
IL