Re: [DML] Bad Business

Sigh....I too was a victim of his rudeness.

I had purchased "Stainles Steel Illusion" from him in 1988. He was a
bit gruff with me on the phone and insisted I pay COD. (why he just
wouldn't take my CC# by phone, I'll never know!) I just chalked that
experience up to him possibly having a bad day.

Some time later, My husband and I wanted to take our DeLorean to a
car show. We decided to detail her the weekend prior to the show.
While washing her, we noticed the decorative black cap (hides a
access hole for a bolt) missing from the passanger side under the
door. I decided to suprise my husband and order it five in stock how
many did I want? I told him one. He tried REALLY hard to push me to
buy two, you know "just in case". I declined and said one would be
great for now. Next I was told he could never get it to me in time.
I suggested overnighting it, then I was asked how long it had been
missing. When I said we really didn't know exactly he went off on
me. I got such an earful of nasty from him. He basically said we
didn't deserve to own the car. At this point I was the one wanting
to go off, but I really wanted that damn cap! I simply said, we are
very careful with our car, and the piece couldn't have been missing
for more than a few weeks. This jerk then tells me, they don't have
the part in stock. I politely reminded him that not ten minutes
earlier, he told me they had it. He told me to hold, which I did for
over 30 minutes (expensive call, I'm from FL). He picked back up and
was shocked I was still on the line. Finally after more grumbling
and fussing, he took my order. Much to my suprise, I did get it in
time. Not overnight like I paid for, but in time at least. I have to
say, in all our 18+ years as DeLorean owners, he was the only ultra
rude DeLorean person we have ever dealt with. Everyone else who
shares our car interest has been very nice and VERY helpful. I can't
stand people like him, but it sure makes me appreciate even more the
other wonderful and helpful DeLorean owners out there.

Linda
3424

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79@...> wrote:

> OK......I did buy some things from D1 soon after I bought my
second car. Then I ordered some screws and other misc. things and
received the wrong things and they were incredibly overpriced. When
I called Ed I got the same rude reply that most others report. I
then posted my experience on the DML, way back before this
incarnation. I've not had anything to do with them since. Ed
shouldn't exist and the fact that he has dropped off the face of the
earth is a plus for all of us.

>   Chris
>   06301

[moderator snip]