[DML] Where are they now - reprise

Please understand I'm not defending D1's business practice.   There is no question that people have been treated very badly and unprofessionally.   Just understand.. Ed doesn't care.   If he has gotten this bad there must be some reason why,  perhaps it's because he must now buy parts from his former business partner who has a thriving successful operation and opening more service facilities.   D1, for all of us is a distant memory and not a player in the minds of the majority of the community because of Ed's switch to a more "isolationist" business model.

  With DMCH holding the entire stock of factory inventory AND now reproducing parts D1 is no longer "The World's Largest" supplier of DMC parts (as it still says on their website from 1997.    Does D1 even buy from DMCH?  Think about that?  Does D1's pride allow them buy from a former business partner, who not only is doing better BUT goes out and hires as his V.P. a guy who the DOA and D1 tried to bury with threats of lawsuits when he started this very forum (the DML)   Yeah Ed is pissed off at this whole group, anyone who posts here and yup....he logs your vin number and if you call and you are on his "list" you will get the cold shoulder.  If he is not buying from DMCH then he really needs to hoard what parts he can aquire for his loyal customers who are willing to pay a premium for serivce by his facility.

  D1 is grossly overpriced as we all know....so what?  If D1 has a client base willing to pay for it, why the hell not?   It's more like a snooty Beverly Hill blue-jean store....if you are some regular guy or gal going in to browse you may get the snooty salesperson who figures you can't afford it anyway.  Jeans for $300?   yup....but so what?  Some rich B.H. housewife will buy 5 of them at $300 a pop.  So on your way, bottom dweller....I can't waste my time with your pawing through my jeans and asking questions when I have Mrs. Moneybags willing to drop her credit card with no questions.

  I try to look beyond the stories of rude phone calls and unprofessional demeanor and try to figure out the "why's".   I'm sure there are those of you who really don't care "why" after being treated poorly and I understand that.   It's just not that black and white.   There is alot of history behind all of this.   Sure I could hate certain DOA board members for what they did to me back in the late 80's (write me if you want to know) but I choose to move on.

  They tried to squash the DML and failed, they tried to make their events the premier events in the Delorean community and failed, they tried to have the best magazine and failed (but getting better).   So when does the healing begin?  When does the acromony end and these disfunctional parties come to terms and move forward?  It will be when the old school members of the DOA either retire and are no longer involved or when they all die off.  Not nice to say but probably true.   As long as Ed is alive there will never be a meeting of the minds between our communites....and that's too bad.

  Tom Watkins