[DML] Re: Frame Flex?

The frame on a Delorean is VERY stiff. Problems start when rust
starts. Especially in the front where it can affect the steering. I
have not seen any epoxy cracking in the center section which would
indicate flexing. Most of the epoxy cracking occurs along the bottom
of the frame and the front and rear extentions probably because the
epoxy gets brittle ater 25 years and the frame flexes in those areas.
The bottom center section loses it's epoxy because it is lowest to the
ground, not so much from flexing. If you were to change motors or
otherwise modify the car you might have flexing problems from the
added weight, torque, and horsepower. In such a case you would have to
add strength to the frame. One measure of how stiff the frame is, you
can lift the car up and hold it in the air with THREE jackstands! The
frame doesn't twist. Try that with an American car! The stiffness of
the frame is one of the reasons the car holds the road so well and
feels so tight, at least if everything is set up correctly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike.griese@... wrote:

> I've been around Esprits for quite some time and I've had several of
them