[DML] Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....

[DML] Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....

Al the full-service vendors sell replacement shift boots with new
leather, and perhaps more importantly, a metal frame to hold it all
together. The original plastic frames are often broken, so a metal
frame is usually required, as well. These have been available fr
years, so if you're replacing the boot, you may already have a metal
frame. In addition to the black ones, DeLorean Motor Center sells (or
used to sell) one made in grey leather - no original, but some like
them for grey interior cars. A later car like yours probably already
has the noise isolator in place (a big rubber piece that acts as an
insulator down under the shift boot), but many early cars don't. Makes
a big difference in interior noise.

Door headliners are not difficult to replace, they pretty much just
pop in and out. The two center pieces require a bit of skill, but even
for someone of moderate talent, this is a do-it-yourself job.

We've jus trecently received the fourth set of samples on the
dash/binnacle/cente console cover/escutcheon project. The console
cover and escutcheon are approved for production, but all will be made
together, and the dash and binnacle are still not quite right. We're
now waiting on the fifth set of samples and we're told that we will
have them in mid-March.

Anyone passing through or living in Houston is welcome to come and see
them for themselves - try and let me know if you're coming and I'll
show you myself.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com