Re: [DML] Re: Fuel pump

I'll throw my testimony in as well.  My car had a old
old fuel pump in it, so we changed it with a spare we
had on hand, and in one week flat it died.  Of course,
it was a used spare, so we just figured it was its
time to go - no big deal.  We replaced it the first
week of May 2004, but at PF 2004 while sitting in
reverse waiting for Casey to get in his car, my car
suddenly died.  Pump died - in 2 months flat.  That's
when I decided that wasn't going to happen again.  I
installed a new pump that day at PF, then when I got
home, I took everything out of the tank and used B12
carburator (sp?) cleaner and a rag, and cleaned the
WHOLE tank - or whatever I could reach.  I first used
a dry rag and wiped it down, used a rag with B12
cleaner on it and cleaned the tank, shopvac'd the
tank, took another rag with B12 and cleaned it again,
then shopvac'd it again, then finally wiped it down
with a clean, dry rag.  So far, so good.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com