[DML] Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

[DML] Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

The only claim the platinum plugs can make is that they *can* last for
a very long time. That is a good thing on a car that gets a lot of
mileage. On any car driven intermittantly, like most of us, who don't
accumulate much in a year, the platinum plugs make no sense. They are
also a lot more expensive. I am not against paying more but in this
case you don't get more. Another point, Rob Grady, who pushed the
platinum plugs early on, is seeing them fail. The seal at the shell
and the porcelin fails and combustion pressure leaks out. He no longer
recomends platinum plugs. If you change your plugs every 10 years or
25,000 miles you should be fine. (assuming 2,500 miles a year for 10
years=25,000 miles). The regular plugs will last just fine for that
period.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757