RE: [DML] Fuel system put together wrong?

RE: [DML] Fuel system put together wrong?

Well it's definitely possible something got crossed.

Surges then drops and dies.

Sounds like pressure issues which could be related to your idle control
system.  Did you unplug any of the vacuum lines behind the metering unit.
If you crossed any of them it is possible it's a problem with the vacuum
solenoid and or the microswitch and idle speed motor.  That switch controls
the vacuum solenoid which in turn applys vacuum advance during acceleration.
  The idle speed motor is tied into the same system.

I'd double check all my vacuum lines.  I had a customer recently with an
idle problem and I traced it to a crack in the vacuum lines at the warm-up
regulator.  Once replaced the car returned to normal operation.  Then
another customer earlier whose vacuum lines were hooked up in the wrong
order from the Ported Switch under the manifold as well as the two lines on
the vacuum solenoid.

have a few mixed up.

Let us all know what you find.

Jeff in NC