Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator Replacement - Stuck

Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator Replacement - Stuck

Sorry I've taken a while to reply to this...

>Thanks for the reply.  If I am to cut off the fuel hose, where would
>you suggest I cut and then what do I do with the cut hose?

Anywhere as long as you're happy about removing it, and throw it away.

>Concerning your comment on removing the hose from hardline in the
>second paragraph.  I am not familiar with crowsfoot

A crowsfoot is basically the end of a spanner (sorry, spanner = wrench
depending on the side of the atlantic!) with a drive socket in it. It's
allows you to get onto things inaccessible with a spanner and where you
can't put a socket. Here's the first hit on an ebay search

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4432668893

>I believe you are talking about the oval shaped hole where one
>normally access the fuel accumulator.

Yes - use a 17mm crowsfoot and an extension from underneath, and then
your friend accesses the top through the interior under the change tray.
There should be a plastic cover which can be removed without too much
trouble. He/she will need to hold onto the top of the heard line where
it connects to the flexible hose with a14mm spanner. It's a bit fiddly,
but you only need to hold onto it to crakc it off, otherwise you will
bend the hard line

Martin