Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator Replacement - Stuck

Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator Replacement - Stuck

hi

if youv'e dropped the accumulator through the whole youve done the
hard bit. i then removed the small return feed so the unit would
lower better.

if i  remember right, i think i use two wrenches, one on the nut and
one on the accumulator, postion them so the is a small inch gap at
the handle end and then 'crush' the two handles together..this way
you can get a huge amount of torque
i also use this method to tighten (but not as much as you don't want
to over tighten).
you can't get enough torque holding the accumulator by in your hand
(if this is what you have done)

i think it is normal for the rubber to perish on the fuel pipes, you
will find the same at the petrol pump end if they are original.

but you should not be getting that much petrol out of this as the
pump is not running and there should really be little/no pressyre
after that amount of time.
the petrol would need to run upwards through the feed pipes, unless
it its working as a syphon, is your check vale on the pump ok?
this needs sorting as in an emergency you don't want petrol to be
able to escape from the tank.

Regards

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@xxxx> wrote:

> Steve, Did you see the removal instruction n the web site I also
made 2
> wrenches that are long for leverage to break the bolts loose.
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com

[moderator snip]