[DML] Re: Newsday Article

Is the DeLorean a bad car, no way, it's a true classic, that
unfortuanlty got a bad rap.  Now it does have it's quirks, like most
other cars of that time period.  New pollution controls, that great
idea of making a safe car, a really bad engine choice (I think we can
all agree on this).  But the styling, still classic, where else can
you find a car that looks like a Stainless Steel future car, space
ship, go fast (even though it doesn't)?  No where, that's the beauty
of the DeLorean, it's a beautiful car in terms of styling and
innovation, if the company had survived a few more years, who knows
what might have happend.

I'm just glad I happen to own 2 of them, both have their own
individual personalities, both can be a pain in the rear at times, but
overall, I really can't complain, they are 25 years old after all and
do need some TLC.

Think I need to go out to the garage, and pull the car out, and just
look at it.  Nope, going to take it for a drive, the sun is out, no
salt on the roads right now, it's cold, half a pack of cigarettes,
cellphone all charged up, and the AAA dues paid.

Guess not, the car won't even turn over.  I pulled the battery and
hooked it up the the charger, reads full charge, won't charge it at
all, ROM relay is making the right noises, don't hear the fuel pump,
but I never have on this car.  Time to figure out why it won't even
attempt to turn over.  It's happened before on this car.

I'm off to the workshop manual to start the diagnosis, but if anyone
has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.  I'm thinking bad
ground, or starter relay.

Bernie

6704 going for a drive, 4045 in Houston for a Stage II engine.