[DML] Re: Otterstat Popped Out While Driving

[DML] Re: Otterstat Popped Out While Driving

You probably did not snap the clip on right. Usually the clip is fine.
If you want just use a nylon strap-tie around the pipe and between the
wire clips on the otterstadt switch. Refill and bleed the system. I
don't know that even in AZ you actually need a "low temp" otterstadt.
Since the motor is supposed to run at least 190 I don't think it gets
that hot even in AZ. You did not have to remove the otterstadt switch
to test it. Just pull the wires off and use a paper clip to connect
the wires together. If the fans come right on then the rest of the
circuit should be working correctly. Use an uprated circuit breaker
and remove the fan fail relay. Your otterstadt switch should install
from the bottom. On early cars they were installed on the top. If
yours is on top it is an easy fix. I suspect your overheating problems
started because you have coolant leaks and your system became
airbound. Pressure test and bleed. If after that you have to add
coolant you have leaks. They must be fixed or you will continue to
have overheating problems. Test the cap also. If the cap does not
release at 15 psi that can cause the ottterstadt switch to blow out.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757