[DML] Re: Eurofest Dive Trip (body die info)

[DML] Re: Eurofest Dive Trip (body die info)

[Moderator Note: The DML generally frowns on the practice of forwarding private messages written by non-subscribers which were never intended for DML publication.  In my judgment the last line of Mr. Kilroy's message implies permission to solicit interest in its content, so I have approved it for you to read.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

FYI,

Attached is an email sent by Mark Kilroy about a year and a half
ago regarding the details of the salvaging of the body dies.

Although I would be interested in participating in a dive, as a
few of us discussed back in 2004, to document the body dies,
I would not be interested in being in the water with someone at
the controls of a crane, attempting to lift a 3 ton body die.

I did commercial saltwater diving for 10 years (15 years ago)
including dry suit dives in near freezing water temperatures,
inverted in a water column about the size of an elevator shaft.
Even with my experience, I would not attempt this heavy salvage.

Later,
Rich W.