[DML] Re: Fuel pump gets hot...

The air dam is a great thing to buy or make if you are in our kind
of climate, but failures in the 70's sound like an extreme case to
me.

Matt's already covered a bunch of the games I played with my fuel
pump last summer. There is also a recent posting on the AZ-D message
board if you care to sign up and review it.

David's certainly right about the fuel pickup restricting flow as
the fuel heats up or if it is kinked for some reason.  Also make
sure nothing is pressing on the two fuel lines entering the pump
boot. You'll be surprised to hear a little change in engine tone if
you apply pressure to the fuel supply line.

I first prevented pickup hose collapse with the "spring" method you
can find documented here on the DML, but fearing eventual fuel
system contamination, switched to John Hervey's short solid pickup.
I further like John's design because it makes the pump assembly very
easy to remove and maintain (pickup filter, etc.).

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>