[DML] Re: Idle speed too high - other causes?

[DML] Re: Idle speed too high - other causes?

Mine started idling exactly like this when I slightly bent the
connecting arm between the accelerator cable spool and the arm that
holds the idle microswitch. The bend wasn't visible but it had the
effect of shortening the arm just enough to pull the butterfly valves
open a hair, just as if I were applying a little throttle. It would
idle between 1500 and 2000 no matter what I did.

With your engine idling, try pressing the idle switch arm towards the
switch and see if the assembly moves a little more, enough that your
idle becomes normal.  If so, there are notes in the tech section on
resolving this problem. The arm is easily removed (one clip beneath
the spool) and length-adjusted by screwing the end ball in/out as
needed.  Wish I'd found the notes BEFORE I spent two days figuring it
out myself. :)

Not saying this is it, but it was on my car!

Marv
#10820
AZ-D