[DML] Re: Dash & Door VIN plates (a cover-up uncovered)

[DML] Re: Dash & Door VIN plates (a cover-up uncovered)

Jake is right on the money on this one.  While some of the dash
VIN tags have been "uncovered" for years, at least four early
500 series cars have had paint removed from these tags in the
last two or three months or so.

You really have to look very closely and in several different
perspective directions to be able to see the DMC logo and the
other printing under the "cover up" non-glossy black paint.
It is very subtle, but once you see it, it appears obvious.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp@xxxx>
wrote:

> They changed them because the tag will blind you in the sunlight.
As we all
> know, the DeLorean dash is great for reflecting on the windshield,
and I
> guess those things would be like looking at a mirror in the sun.
That's
> also why many of the early VIN tags that have the logo were
painted over
> with black paint.  --But usually the paint can be removed....
[looks at