[DML] Re: Dash & Door VIN plates

Like what others speculated, I have a hunch that the change was
because of the sun reflecting off of the bare brushed aluminum and
hitting the windshield.  James Epsey posted some of the original
blueprints on DMCHelp, one of which is for the vin plate exactly like
mine in the photos section with the DMC logo, etc.  Another blueprint
was for a black VIN plate with silver text on it without a DMC logo,
and the third was for the VIN plates like most of us have on our
dashboards.  I wonder if any plates were made with the black paint and
silver text.  Perhaps one of those is floating around out there somewhere.

-Patrick C.
Vin 1880

Now the question is this - why did