Re: [DML] Truthful post about a Zilla product
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Truthful post about a Zilla product



Hello Bob Zilla

My post was not as thoughtless as you said it was. I was just stating a fact 
and telling what happened when there was a problem with the Fan Zilla. I was 
very surprised and very disappointed with the service I received from you. I 
think that everyone has the right to know what happened.

> In the 14 years I have been Manufacturing Zilla DeLorean Products I have
> never had any arrogant conversation with a customer even remotely similar 
> to what
> you have described.
****
Bob, I would not say that the conversation was arrogant. You calmly refused 
to check the unit and you also refused to let me use another unit to make 
sure the problem was not in the car. It happened during the DCS in Memphis 
in a hotel at Graceland. There were other people there that witnessed our 
conversation and they were very surprised as well.
I have no reasons to make this up.

> If ANY Zilla customer has a problem with ANY of our devices we will GLADLY
> check it out.
****
This is what you have been saying all along and that is why I was so 
surprised when you refused to test the unit that we had.

> Through the years, there have been a great many customers who we have
> assisted to their complete satisfaction. Many of them are on-line right 
> now. Perhaps
> they might want to share their thought on the subject.
****
I never said that your products are bad or that you treat the customers in a 
wrong way. I was just telling people what happened to ME. Maybe I just 
happened to meet you at a wrong time... bad day perhaps. I don't know what 
the reason was.

> As for your problem:
> Early FanZillas utilized the Cooling Fan Circuit Breaker in the DeLorean.
> Over the years these Circuit breakers have proven to be a problem.
> Nearly 5 years ago FanZillas were created to bypass this breaker.
> A Faulty Breaker causes the symptom you have described.
****
The problem in this case was NOT with the circuit breaker! We know that 
because some time after the show you finally agreed to test the unit and it 
was shipped to you. The unit came back from you repaired and the problem has 
not come back since. The circuit breaker has not been replaced as there was 
no need to do that. After you have repaired the Fan Zilla module the problem 
was cured.
The real problem here was not that the unit has failed because that can 
happen. Electronic components fail and it's not the fault of the designer or 
the manufacturer. The problem here was that you refused to test it and what 
really surprises me is that you are STILL refusing the possibility that the 
Fan Zilla might have failed.
If I was in your place I would admit to the truth that my product has failed 
and I would do everything to fix the problem... I would repair/replace the 
unit. I would never tell my customer that it's his car and not my product 
without testing it.

> Removing the FanZilla and replacing it with jumper wires makes it seem 
> like
> you have cured the problem.
> It is significantly more likely you have just postponed a complete cooling
> system failure due to a bad breaker.
****
As said above the breaker was fine. The problem went away as soon as you 
have repaired the Fan Zilla unit.

> If we had any conversation at all, it is likely I offered this suggestion 
> and
> you decided to ignore it.
****
Bob, you have not offered any suggestions. You kept saying that I have a 
problem with my car and it's not the Fan Zilla. You have told me to fix the 
car and that the unit is good no matter what. A few months after our 
conversation in Memphis you have repaired the unit.

> Rather than posting us directly to solve your
> problem you decided to drag our good name through the mud on-line.
****
I'm sorry but after our conversation in person it made no sense to try 
contacting you via email. There were further conversations over the phone 
and this is why you have finally accepted to check and repair the faulty 
unit.

> Your post was very hurtful. If this was your goal, you have reached it.
****
No Bob, this was not my goal. I was just stating what happened. I have the 
right to tell others what customer service I received. After my dealings 
with Rob Grady I've never said a bad word about him or his business. I 
recommend him to anyone looking for parts or service and I tell them how 
great he is.
On the other hand when I had parts stolen from my car at the Jag shop in 
Florida I told everyone about it because people have the RIGHT to know!
People buying a Zilla product have the right to know that contrary to what 
you say you MIGHT refuse to test/repair/replace a faulty unit like you did 
in my case.

> If you require further assistance, post Zilla directly at
> Zilla DeLorean @aol.com    or from our Web site: DeLoreanParts.com
****
I decided to post to the list BECAUSE after I contacted you directly and in 
person you have refused ANY assistance. Please note that I did not post 
about a problem with your unit before I had a chance to talk to you. If you 
had replaced/repaired the unit right away I would never say anything about 
it failing or I might have said that even though it did fail I received 
great service and the unit was repaired promptly and how happy I am with 
your service.

> I will NOT continue this post on line.
>
> If you would prefer to sell your FanZilla, there a great many owners who
> would be more than happy to take it off your hands.
****
No need for that. I don't have any Zilla units in my car, thank you. The 
unit that failed was in my friends car as I have stated in my initial 
message. As far as I know there is no problem with the unit AFTER you have 
repaired it.

BTW, Bob you are not alone here in defending your product. I have received a 
'nastygram' from Ed from DeLorean One. As always he signs his email as 
Fatboy.


Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com






To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive