Re: [DML] BTTF 4 is TRUE

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304@xxxx>
wrote:

> So do they even have a good script or anything else yet?  Is the
DeLorean
> gonna be the car?  Alot of questions this brings up.

Until you see it confirmed on BTTF.com, it's not worth buying into.

> I'd also like to imagine that, if the DeLorean is the star of the
film, than
> it could only be a positive thing for everyone in the owner
community.  Alot
> of younger people will get turned onto the trilogy as well as the
car and
> that's fine with me.

Younger people are already turned on to the trilogy. Those films
repeat over and over and over again on cable. Like Star Wars, Raiders
of the Lost Ark, ET, etc. Everybody has seen the BTTF films. Kids know
the car. It won't take a fourth film to educate anybody about the
existence of the DeLorean. Plus who's to say there should even be a
DeLorean involved. The thinking might be a BTTF film for a new
generation might call for a newer car this young generation can relate
to. Back in 1985 there was a certain humor in someone making a time
machine out of all things, "A DELOREAN!" Everyone knew what a DeLorean
was, which included it's hype, downfall and resulting reputation. The
car's turbulent existence was still fresh in the minds of the general
public. In my opinion, using it in BTTF was pure genius in so many
ways, and it did the marque a favor by rescuing it from certain
obscurity. The humor in using the DeLorean is lost on this generation
because you have to understand, or have been part of the era. Younger
people are not aware of the role the car played in those times to get
it. Sometimes they even think the car was created as a prop for the
films, and I've been asked by teenagers if my stock D was a replica.
You'd need to find a car from this era with the same unique reputation
the DeLorean had in it's time to revive that humor.

Personally, as much as I truly love the films, I'd be happy if they
didn't take a shot at a 4th. The chances of it living up to the fan's
wide ranging expectations and also living up to the quality of the
others is probably pretty slim. If Gale, Zemeckis and even Spielberg
are not all somehow associated, FORGET IT!

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D