[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate (dash)

[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate (dash)

Dave, You might want to check with DMCH on this. While, making up a totaly new VIN
number is probably illegal if not registered by the Auto manufacturer. Replacing a
damaged or lost tag should be perfectly fine as long as it has the same number as the
other tag and title issued to the vehical. Btw, when Houston acquired the factory parts
inventory they also acquired the machine that stamped the VIN tag's along with boxes of
blank door sill and dash plates. I have a blank door tag myself just for collector reasons
though.
I imagine If someone wanted to replace one of their ID plates DMCH would make them a
new replacement one. In this case the person would send DMCH the old tag to be remade
and they would most likely distroy the old one.  The dash tag on my car is painted flat
grey to blend into the dash. I am guessing the reason for this was to reduce reflection
glare on the windshield. IE the HUD effect.  Also the color of the metal of the blank dash
tag makes me think it is Aluminum as it has a whiter than normal appearence than SS
although i am not 100% on that. I have a set of the Remade SS decal kits and I recall
comparing the look of those with my blank VIN plate and they were not the same material.
My Blank Door VIN tag Is Aluminum and that materal looks Identical the the blank Dash
tag in the Picture file.

Dennis