[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate (dash)

[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate (dash)

As of now I do not think ANYONE has the legal authority (except a
State DMV maybe) to recreate or create a vin tag. DMC had that
authority vested in them and they no longer exist. This is serious
stuff. If you have a car and the authorities think your vin plate is
not authentic then you do not have a registerable car, just a pile of
parts that happens to look like a car that cannot be driven on a
public road! That plate and the paperwork that goes along with it are
what makes it a legal car. If any of it is questionable ie, tampered
with, then the car is suspect. Just imagine the scenario where someone
steals a car and changes the vin tag. Being easy to do a person might
think he could get away with it. This is why it is so serious. It is
like forging a title and the penalties involved are big time. As a
collector piece it is OK but don't even think of trying to use it on a
car in place of what you have. This is THE reason there will never be
anymore new Deloreans, all the vin #'s that were assigned are all
there will ever be. Each if us owns our particular vin # and no one
can create anymore (at least not legally).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757