Re: [DML] My new De Lorean

Hi Jim

Answers below:

>  How much are the window motors and from where can I get them?

Quite pricey, and "all the vendors". Have a look in the parts section at
www.delorean.co.uk but we may well not be the cheapest to S Africa..

>  Brakes...feel spongy and dont realy stop that good, as I said the car has only covered 600 miles from new, the pads are perfect but the disc although new had a sort of greenish tinge Ive even tried to scratch it witha sharp object butit doesnt budg, should I have the discs skimmed to take the stuff off and fit new pads.
>  Not sure how old fluid is so might replace that also.
>  How goos should the brakes be/feel?

I've done countless sets of calipers, master cylinders and brake hoses
because they die through lack of use. Calipers are quire cheap here in
the UK. You should be able to get a sharp, hard pedal.

>  Getting the "black" exterior trim back to a good deep black...Im trying a Meguires product, if you know of anything better....shout.

The rubstrips? The louvers? Personally, I use Car Plan Black Trim Wax,
it's a product on the shelf here. Tyre dressing is a good cheat too.

>   off as we do have to have them by law, a new free flow muffler syste also but I will keep the tail pipes to look the same.

We do a de-catted stainless system. It has tips though, but I'm sure we
could have it made without. Pics in the "performance" section.

>  Any thing else you think I should investigate?
>
>  Car runs good and has also 70 psi oil pressure.

Give it a thorough service. Oil, air, fuel filters, oil, brake and
clutch fluid, stainless clutch line, read through the bulletins on the
DMCNews site and for god's sake put some new tyres on it. Also check the
trailing arm bolts

Martin
DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd
www.delorean.co.uk