Re: [DML] Re: Battery for Delorean

Hello

It seems that the Zilla man has a serious problem with admitting that one of
his products has failed. A friend of mine had a problem with his fan zilla
on the way to Memphis show. It would click on and off like crazy for no
reason and regardless of engine temperature. We could hear the relay
chattering and it put so much load on the electrical system of the car that
I could actually see the lights dim and the volt gauge would show all those
current spikes. We traced the problem to the fan zilla module. After
unplugging it and using regular jumper everything went back to normal.
When we met Bob Zilla at the show I asked him if he could test the module
for me but he refused claiming that it must be a problem with the car. When
I asked him to lend me another module to make sure it's not the car, he also
refused. I did some more testing and came to a conclusion that the fan zilla
is faulty. I was 100% sure. Still, Bob would rather start yelling at me than
admit that the module is bad. I was really surprised that he refused to
check it and refused even the remote possibility that it has failed. This is
not the customer service we expected. Anyone who works with electronic
circuits know that they fail sometimes.... Bob didn't realize that as of
yet.
There were some people who witnessed our conversation and they were all very
surprised to hear those words from Bob. Sooo... we had to get rid of the
faulty module and went back to the good old jumper. He never installed any
more zillas in his car and neither did I.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com