[DML] Tires and Wheels

  Because of the increasing difficulty in getting a matching set of tires these days.

 It would be great if DMCH would invest in new larger sized OEM style wheel castings, but
that is a pretty tall order.  The problem would be the short run quantities and getting an
overseas manufacture to make them  for a reasonable cost that people would buy a new
set readily. I am thinking about $800-$1000 for a complete set. I realized that todays
custom wheels can cost upwards of 2K for a set. However the cost is what keeps most of
us from going down that road. Every time I see an SUV with Gaint wheels these days all I
can do is shake my head. Because they can have anywhere from 3 to 6K just in wheels and
tires alone.  To me a HUGE waste of money but to each his own I guess. Then when you
have to shell out 1,200.00 or more for new rubber every other year that is rediculous too.

I for one would like to see someone do a nice photoshop rendition of what the wheels
would look like in the larger sizes. Perhaps  a few side views of the car with OEM style
15/16,  16/17,  and 17/18.  Any creative artist out there? Perhaps we should take a poll
after the pictures are available for voting on. :-)

Matched tires are still avaliable but you have to hunt for them on the net. Or special order
them from your local tire centers.

Michelin Pilot XGT4's are still availiable in both sizes.  Just because the Tire rack seems to
be discontinuing that tire does not mean they aren't being made anymore or in someone
elses inventory.

Firestone also has a matching set or maybe it was Bridgestone. Either way, I got a quote
from my local Firestone tire center a couple months back. I believe they had them in stock
too.

Dunlop qualifier GTs are availiable.

Perhaps we should start a reference list of currently manufactured tires for the car.

Does anyone know of other possible manufacturers that may have a matching set
availiable? Like say Cooper, Kelly, Toyo, Pirelli, Uniroyal, yes even Goodyear and BF
Goodrich.

Dennis