[DML] Re: Failed CA Emissions UPDATE (still bad)

[DML] Re: Failed CA Emissions UPDATE (still bad)

Generally historical vehicles are classified as driven less than
6,000 miles a year. If you can live with that, then go for the
historical plates. In Ohio, Michigan, WVa, and PA historical plates
make you exempt from smog checks, yearly liscense renewals, and you
qualify for a steep discount with insurance.

I did say about checking with your area for any law changes, but
when most cars reach 25 years old, most people don't drive them
everyday. But there are some that do, and if it bothers you, then
keep up the standard as you were. Even here in Ohio, the police have
far better things than to concern themselves with logging miles of
vehicles with historical plates on them. I'm sure they have even
less time in California compared to Ohio.

If you can sleep better at night by not having historical vehicle
plates, then dont't get them.  I can't wait till my April
registration to get my historical plates, though my car passes with
flying colors on smog (2524, 16634) I'm in it for the insurance
discounts, and the removal of annual liscense renewals, at least
that is how it is in Ohio. Bummer, if it doesn't apply in CA.

On 16851 I have a hollowed out catalytic converter, but still will
get historical plates for the savings. Doesn't bother me in the
least, but then again, I come nowhere close to 6,000 miles a year.
500-1,000 miles if I am lucky anymore. I wouldn't worry about it if
you just drive your car for recreational fun, and you have other
vehicles for primary transportation.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,