Re: [DML] crumple tube.

funkstuf wrote:

>I just posted some pictures of crumple tube damage on a project
>Delorean I'm working on.  Interestingly enough, the rest of the frame
>has absolutely no rust anywhere and not even a crack in the epoxy.  I
>think this is a good example of what driving a Delorean a little too
>hard might result in.  Check it out in the Photo section. (VIN941)
>
>Dale Funk
>4984
>941

Hmm  Interesting pics but it looks to me like this particular car never
recieved the extra bracing for the crumple tube that there was a recall
for. And I imagine that this was the type of thing the recall was issued
for to begin with. I know 3209 had them installed. But I don't think
it'd had the recall for moving the inerta switch done. As it's still
located by the lambda counter on mine. I was planning on going through
the recall list as I slowly reassemble my car to make sure everything on
the list has been tended to.

--

Chris
VIN# 03209