[DML] Re: "performance air intake"

Again, I must say the ONLY reason I posted my experience with the air intake and it's vendor, was because another post specifically asked. My transaction with John transpired last March, however I never said a word on the DML about it. And to set the record straight, I did contact John about the first defective unit. And, then again the second unit's problem. His response was that it should fit, and if it does not, to try a bigger O ring. He markets this product as a DeLorean specific item, so I expected that it should fit an unmodified DeLorean. I did not return the second unit for a refund, because the next three calls to John were not returned.

Just as some of you have had positive experiences with him and have jumped to his defense, I have received several emails today from people who have had similar experiences to mine.

When I read the post from the owner asking if anyone had experience with this product, I felt compelled to share mine.
Would it be fair for me to sit back and stay silent when somebody was asking for others experience?

The question I posed regarding the liabilty insurance was simply to point out that if you do business with a one man band, they may not be around to support you when a problem does occur. I agree that EVERY company has QC issues from time to time, the real test is in how they fix problems after the sale.

I am not interested in continuing this thread, I have said my piece.
Buyer be ware.

Merry Christmas,

Daniel Deutsch