Re: [DML] Free flow air intake is a joke

Re: [DML] Free flow air intake is a joke

Daniel.. I have no idea as to what your agenda is but I'll vouch for John
Hervey.  I have the same free flow air intake that you speak so badly  about and
I had no trouble at all fitting it in.  It works fine and I have  no trouble
with it.  I've bought all sorts of electronic updates and such  from John and
they work perfectly.  You state that he is a "fly by night  vendor" simply
because he sells from his home, or a workshop attached to his  home.  By your
definition Bill Gates or Steve Jobs would be fly-by night  when they started out.
Why create un necessary overhead to drive prices  up?  I'll give you a good
example of why John is a go to guy.  A half  shaft on my D bound up.  The
choices I had was to buy a new one from an  "established" vendor ($ 600 +/-) or a
rebuild from John for about half that if  mine could not be rebuilt.  He sent
the rebuilt quickly to me and I sent  back to him the old one.  He called me a
week or so latter to give me the  "bad news" that mine was rebuild able and
the total transaction cost me  $140.00.  Hmm.. $600 vs $140... kinda wonder why
I would spend $460  extra?
    How about an established vendor who sold me an air  conditioning
compressor and dryer?  25 year old stock that failed after a  few weeks (Compressor)
and a dryer that was not correct for my vin D.   Still have not received a cent
back.  John had what I needed for much less  than half the price and brand
new.  Works excellent.  I've bought from  "established vendors" and generally
have been very happy with the stuff I bought  and I simply stopped buying from
the one who ripped me off.
    Rubber products.. Would you agree that rubber  deteriorates over a period
of time?  Most of John's rubber products are  brand new and fit perfectly.
25 year old stock or new?

No agenda here, as I buy from all but one.

Roy

In a message dated 12/18/2005 11:41:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,