[DML] Re: Coolant Coming Out

Tux - The cooling system capacity is 2.9 gallons (from dry to
full).  The level in the coolant fill tank should be about 2 inches
below the top, to allow for thermal expansion of the coolant.  If
you fill the coolant fill tank to the top, it will expel as much as
it needs to to get back to a point where it has room to expand. Of
course, you may want to consider replacing the cap if it is
releasing pressure early.  It should hold 15 PSI pressure.  If it is
old or weak, that can lead to coolant loss from the overflow.
Assuming you have no air in the system (using a self-bleeder or
having a properly bled system), a good cap, and no active leaks or
sources of coolant loss other than out of the overflow tube, you
need to just relax, let it find its level, and leave it alone.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com