[DML] Why I love David Teitelbaum's posts
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Why I love David Teitelbaum's posts



David,
     You missed the point entirely....:)  I wasn't in MY car.  I was 
in another owner's car.  I was just touting the wonders of GPS and 
the many uses.  Since I realize I didn't make that clear, it is also 
nice to know that you have a backup speedometer working instead of 
fumbling for an RPM to MPH conversion chart at whatever speed you 
are traveling.
     However, I used to have an RPM to MPH conversion table in my 
car, but I gave it to a brand new owner at our holiday party earlier 
that day since his angle drive had gone out.  I've pretty much got 
the necessary speed to RPMs memorized anyway, but looking at analog 
gauges in a DeLorean took a bit of getting used to.  Of course, it 
only works if you have the correct size rear tires, too.  
     However, you make an interesting statement when you say "It may 
not be accurate but it will keep you out of trouble until you can 
fix your angle drive."  Um, maybe I missed something, but if it 
isn't accurate, why would I use it and how can it keep me out of 
trouble?
     What exactly do you mean "leave it laying in your binnicle"?  
My binnAcle has no pockets IN which I can put anything.  Did you 
mean in your glove box, or ON your binnacle perhaps?  Since angle 
drive failure is an all too common occurrence, I'd like to clarify 
your statements for all those out there who are about to experience 
such a terrific event....:)
     Ok, ok, I'm giving you a hard time because, well, because I 
can....:)  However I would like you to clarify the above statements 
for future angle drive failure candidates so that they can heed your 
advice in the correct Teitelbaum way.

Thanks,
Matt Olans
VIN 16816
www.az-d.org  The Arizona DeLorean Club


--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> 
wrote:
>
> Go over to dmcnews.com and look in the "other files" and you will 
find
> an RPM to MPH conversion table for automatics and 5-speeds. Print 
the
> one for your car out, laminate it, and leave it laying in your
> binnicle. It may not be accurate but it will keep you out of 
trouble
> until you can fix your angle drive. A lot cheaper than a GPS.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757







To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive