[DML] Why I love David Teitelbaum's posts

[DML] Why I love David Teitelbaum's posts

David,
     You missed the point entirely....:)  I wasn't in MY car.  I was
in another owner's car.  I was just touting the wonders of GPS and
the many uses.  Since I realize I didn't make that clear, it is also
nice to know that you have a backup speedometer working instead of
fumbling for an RPM to MPH conversion chart at whatever speed you
are traveling.
     However, I used to have an RPM to MPH conversion table in my
car, but I gave it to a brand new owner at our holiday party earlier
that day since his angle drive had gone out.  I've pretty much got
the necessary speed to RPMs memorized anyway, but looking at analog
gauges in a DeLorean took a bit of getting used to.  Of course, it
only works if you have the correct size rear tires, too.
     However, you make an interesting statement when you say "It may
not be accurate but it will keep you out of trouble until you can
fix your angle drive."  Um, maybe I missed something, but if it
isn't accurate, why would I use it and how can it keep me out of
trouble?
     What exactly do you mean "leave it laying in your binnicle"?
My binnAcle has no pockets IN which I can put anything.  Did you
mean in your glove box, or ON your binnacle perhaps?  Since angle
drive failure is an all too common occurrence, I'd like to clarify
your statements for all those out there who are about to experience
such a terrific event....:)
     Ok, ok, I'm giving you a hard time because, well, because I
can....:)  However I would like you to clarify the above statements
for future angle drive failure candidates so that they can heed your
advice in the correct Teitelbaum way.

Thanks,
Matt Olans
VIN 16816