[DML] Re: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car

[DML] Re: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car

I don't think you will get a "contract". Generally you just negotiate
price, amount of time, moving or still, etc. It is VERY important to
get BEFORE THE CAR LEAVES YOUR HANDS a Certificate Of Insurance. Often
you can negotiate to go with the car, eat off the craft truck, and get
a copy of whatever they shoot. You should also agree on the condition
of the car so if anything should happen there is no argument about the
damage being there before. Maybe take a full set of pictures
beforehand with a representitive. You might want to remove the license
plates and don't leave ANYTHING loose in the car that you care about.
Most of the time these people are pretty honest but you have to
protect yourself always. If you do not use a broker then you have to
protect yourself, there is no one else to help you. The production
company usually will insist on flat-bedding the car to and from the
shoot. Let them do it. That way they are sure the car will be
available and less chance of damage. You can also try to negotiate
yourself into the credits, Good Luck!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757