Re: [DML] Interesting (strange) eBay auction

Re: [DML] Interesting (strange) eBay auction

This car has a number of customizations, including wheel locks and an
alarm system.  Who needs that stuff in Montana?!?

The phone number listed in the Auction appears to be a Road-Runner dialup
number (according to my Google search).

While I'm still not convinced that the VIN photo has been manipulated in
the ways suggested, I know this car has features of later model years
(flat hood, integrated door straps, etc).  So why alter the VIN image at
all?  My guess:

This car was stolen.

Gus Schlachter
VIN # 4695 (Oct '81, I swear)