From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John Spangler
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 11:07 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Oil Leak

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "birdwell77095" <birdwells@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the help. The bolt size must be larger than 22mm
> because that's the largest wrench I have and it still won't fit.
>
> Shannon
> VIN 16113

Yeah, I had to go out and get a 15/16 socket.  I borrowed a friend's
socket and ratchet with a 1/2" head (all my stuff's 3/8ths) and the
ratchet head was too big to fit in that space.  The deep socket I got
just grabbed on enough to get it free and later to crank it down and
crush that washer.  After I got all the stuff I needed it only took
about 15 minutes of lying on the ground and trying to figure out how
to get my hands up there.  About 1/4-1/2 cup of oil came out when I
unscrewed it and it ran straight down (rather than the course of the
leak) so beware.  I hate unexpected 'bleeding.'

Apparently the leak was coming THROUGH the switch, not the seal.  I
took it out for a spirited drive afterwards and not a drop came out
yesterday, though I'll admit I haven't looked today.

-John

> part #'s
> 102462 SENSOR,OIL PRESSURE
> 102461 SEALING WASHER