Re: [DML] Convert To Biodiesel

The easiest way to do this would be to find a doner
car with a small Turbo-diesel that can run on
bio-diesel, then take the fuel delivery system from
that car and modify that. From what I have come to
understand, the fuel delivery system in the D is very
tempermental to beguine with, you are better of
modifying the system that was ment for that engine to
fit the D.
Some of the issues include finding a Turbo-diesel that
will securely fit the Deloreans engine compartment
with minimal modification. Them you might need to
adjust the suspension to compensate for any change in
weight. Then you will probably want to modify the
cooling system accordingly to compensate for the
cooling needs of the new deisel engine as it relates
to the PRV.
Lastly, you would need to modify the remaining
components of the drivetrain to create the best
driving conditions...basically, gear ratio changes as
necessary.
Lots of work, most of which is crunching the numbers
and making the necessary mods.
I am no automotive expert, by any stretch of the term
(or my imagination) so I have probably missed some
things, but you get the genneral idea.
Hope this helps
Jon Minor (no vin)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs