[DML] Re: Turbocharger availability

If you understand the science behind why turbos work you would
appreciate that as you increase boost you also increase the
temperature of the boosted air. At some point the curves will
intersect and you will not gain anything by going further out on the
graph except approaching detonation. Intercoolers become the next
logical step. Other possabilities include water injection and more
fuel enrichment. As I stated in a previous post you are only going so
far anyway with the motor before you start breaking parts elsewhere in
the drivetrain. Be happy with what you got, another tweak to increase
the pressure may be the "One too many". You also have to be aware of
pressure creep. the actuators may stick and go above 6#. If they do
most installations do not have overpressure or "Dump Valves" to
release excess pressure so you could overboost without knowing it. If
you hear load banging noises LIFT YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDAL IMMEDIATLY.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757