Re: [DML] Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

Re: [DML] Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

The most famous tutorial for the flux is:
http://rookscastle.com/tutorials/time4.html
However, it is impractical because it lists parts you simply can not find
anywhere.

The flux is one of the more complex replicas to build because the parts
needed just can't be found anymore. You can recreate these parts if you have
enough creative skills.
However, I have just revolutionized the best way to replicate the flux parts
in a way that
has never been done before.
I will soon be selling Flux capacitors that are more detailed and close the
original than
have ever been offered before, and ironically cheaper.
There are several people out there who have been building Flux's for years
all using
similar methods. I have figured out a way of doing it that takes all the
hard work out
and speeding up the production and lowing the costs by completely
replicating the parts
using RTV silicone molds and composite injection resin casting.
I am, as we speak making replicas of the original glass tubes and brass
relays that
go inside the Flux.
Past traditional methods used by Bruce C., Doug B., and others were to use a
1/2"
acrylic rod, drill the center and round the edges to replicate the original
glass vacuum tube
relay. What I have done is make an exact replica mold of one of the relays
out of a clear resin.
I also replicated the brass electro-magnetic base.
The detail is better than any other replica available, the parts look like
the real thing.
Another detail I will keep is the correct spacing of the parts, the correct
lighting,
chase pattern and speed of the lights, and other details that have been
previously
over looked.
I am also working on having the electronic board made as a custom printed
board
that only needs the components soldered on to speed up production.
This simplicity and speed will allow me to lower labor costs and sell them
cheap enough
that anyone would be able to buy one off the shelf and hang it on the wall
or put it
in their DeLorean.
I will be doing this to a lot of the BTTF props.
Just keep an eye on http://www.bttfstuff.com for more!
I also plan to do this for some of the DMC parts out there too!
- VB

>From: "Bernie" <bmanderville@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
>Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:09:50 -0000
>
>Steve,
>
>What's the number I want to call and get a flux capacitor, and
>actually see what shows up.
>
>And to all, are there any instructions out there on how to build a
>replica?
>
>Owning two cars, I tend to show the SS one and would really like to
>have a dummy flux capacitor for show.  Most people only know the car
>for BTTF.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bernie

[long quote trimmed by moderator]