Re: [DML] Power door locks

The D is actually very similar. It doesn't matter if you lock/unlock the
door from the inside or outside, either way the other door will do the
same. So from the drivers side using the key, when you unlock the door, the
passenger side should unlock as well.

Before you start troubleshooting, disable the electronic locks by
disconnecting the big white connector on the lock module in the relay
compartment. Verify that each door properly locks and unlocks using both
the inside switch and key (remember, the doors should be closed when
locked). If they don't do this, you're not going to get anywhere with the
electronics. Use this page to help align the locks if they aren't working
properly:
http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-10-8.81.html

Fixing the electronics can be a bit more tricky. If you can solder
electrical components, start of by replacing the two relays in the lock
module (Toby sells an upgraded version). If they haven't failed, they will
someday and possibly lock you in the D! So you might as well replace them.
Now if one or both of the doors aren't functioning properly, then you
probably have to deal with the solenoids.

You can replace them with other solenoids at a great expense or rebuild
them. I did this to one of mine using the article in the tech section. It
wasn't fun, but it worked. Now I would just recommend shelling out the $100
and buy Toby's actuator upgrade. Installing the actuators is cheaper then
replacement solenoids and quicker then rebuilding them.

I hope this helps. If you still have issues with the system, let us know
exactly what the problem is.

Chris
VIN 4099