Re: [DML] 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean

DMCVIN6683 wrote:

>Delorean's were built only in 1981, the cars that you see in 82 and 83
>  were pieced together later after the whole thing collapsed. This is a
>  real Delorean.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/exccv
>
>  And this guy claimed to know JZD.

Uh. If it has a proper VIN, and is made of the proper parts. It's a
delorean reguardless of when it was assembled or by who.  At least
that's how I feel on the matter.  This guy is just trying to hype his
own car. Though you'll notice it still has no bids, and likly won't.

I also think it's kind of funny that this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-Coupe-1981-Delorean_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31830QQitemZ4590941029QQrdZ1
increased it's no reserve price since yesterday from $13000 to $14999..
At having no bids to begin with, I don't really see the logic of raising
your price.. But I understand having a minimum price you'd sell for.. .

I know personally I hate reserve auctions. I'd rather people just start
the bidding at the minimum they'll take for it.  Saves a lot of
guesswork and I never saw the logic of hiding the price you'd really
sell for from perspective buyers anyway..   About the only point of it I
can see is to 'test the waters' of the market so to speak. So you can
put your car up with an insanely high reserve, just to see what you
could possibly get without having to actually sell it, and I know i'd be
highly ticked off if I actually bid on an auction like that and found
out the seller didn't really intend to sell in the first place.

--

Chris
VIN# 03209