[DML] Bilstein Shock Progress

Hey Guys,

This is a repost for everyone who asked about my bilstein shock
setup alternative.  I figured i would post it to the list so in the
future if someone was interested they could do a simple search to
find it.

The front shocks are part # B46-1325.  These require no modification
to install, and require you to shim each side of the islet since it
is smaller than the orgional shocks.  Washer could be use or you
could have the machine shop mill you some.

Rear shocks are part # AK-1249.  These shocks must be use with
bilsteain coil over kit # 193117, 46mm coilover kit.  This kit is a
threaded shaft with adjustable collar.  it slides over the shock.
it is support by a snap ring, which is provided in the kit.  The
snap ring groove must be machined in the shock itself.  Bilstein can
do this for you for $10 a shock or you can have your shop mill it.
My groove is machined 1" from the shock bottom, using Bilsteain
provided specs on width = 1.6mm, OD Max = 48.50 mm, OD Min = 48.34
mm.  This allows for a rear adjustable ride setup.  Rear coil spring
perches needed to be expanded to accomodate the wider spring
sleeve.  Just go to a muffler shop and they'll expand it for you for
a clean look.

That is is.  I will let you know how it rides in a few days.  I've
been a little busy to finish up my transmission drive seal
replacement.

Cheers,

Shain